As the number of patients with diabetes increases annually, the number of patients with diabetes who are admitted to the hospital also increases. Because many clinical outcomes are influenced by the degree of glycemic control, knowledge of best practices in inpatient diabetes management is extremely important. Managing Diabetes and Hyperglycemia in the Hospital Setting focuses on the treatment of diabetes and hyperglycemia in these situations, providing an invaluable resource for the audience of hospitalists, endocrinologists, nurses, and other team members who take care of hospitalized patients with diabetes and hyperglycemia.
Learn more about:
- Food, fasting, and glycemic control
- Insulin errors in the inpatient setting
- Inpatient management of patients with diabetes after bariatric surgery
- Noninsulin therapies
- Continuous glucose monitoring in the hospital
- Treatment of hyperglycemia on medical and surgical units
- The evolution of glycemic control in the hospital setting
©2016, American Diabetes Association
Softcover, 416 pages
Embed On Your Site Or Blog
Share this item with your family and friends and join the millions to help Stop Diabetes®.
* Minimum sizes are Width 300px and Height 230px